Sunday 9th July is my favourite day, as it is a day that gives me licence to eat as much chocolate as I like – International Chocolate Day.
So that no one makes me feel guilty about the amount of chocolate I will be eating, hear me out:
1. It could improve my brain function – which is a good thing as my brain needs a boost.
2. May protect my skin from the sun – in this heat, I need all the protection I can get.
3. May reduce heart disease – a major plus to protect my health.
4. Is a powerful antioxidant – saves me eating a lot of food that I don’t like.
5. Very nutritious – soluable fibre and loaded with minerals (my favourite part of eating dark chocolate). I wonder if I can include it in my five a day!
Chocolate, in moderation is a lovely treat to have; obviously the calories have to be counted. however, anything that has mental health benefits: include the ability to boost brain levels of endorphins (natural opiates) as well as serotonin (a mood-altering chemical on which many antidepressants act), is a good thing.
Happy Chocolate day!